Monday, June 6, 2011

What I have learned being a mom of boys.

1. Everything is more fun, adventurous and meaningful when it is LOUD.
2. Clothes are basically optional and if we are being completely honest they are a nuisance.
3. The dirtier the more fun they have.
4. Weapons are like shoes to girls- you can never have too many, the obsession begins very young and this continues on into adulthood...at least in my house.
5. A hug, kiss, back rub or anything affectionate is borderline abusive.
6. There obsession with their goods begins soon after leaving the canal.
7. They could care less if they have food on their face as long as the majority of it got in there tummies.
8. Every tree, rock, wall, bed, changing table is just waiting to be conquered by their strength.
9. Coloring or anything that resembles craftiness is a form of torture- at least for my boys
10. They help me imagine what my husband was like when he was little.
11. Boys are cheap when it comes to clothes- all they need are jeans and boots.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Too cute! I agree.

The Ross' said...

1--LOVE LOVE LOVE your family picture at the top! Beautiful and creative! 2--most of these "boy insights" rang turn for our house as well...made me laugh. Love my boy! He has impacted my life in BIG ways. I'm enjoying your post! :-)

Sarah W said...

Cute list! Although I think our boys are different in a lot of ways :-) Love you and all your boys!! We're going to be visiting Waco soon, when the Knightons' have their baby. We'd love to see you all!! It's been waaaay tooo long :-)

ps I like you blogging a lot. I'm trying to get back to it too, but not everyday.


pps I can just hear you saying SAAWWW-yur, and I would let you. But nobody else :-)

ragamuffinbeauties said...

cracked me up! love it!