When I was little my parents used to take me to Whitehall park and I would swing my little heart out. My favorite thing was to sing the song Swingin- " we were swinging- girls in the background "swingin" HA! So we took Keller boy to the same park and he "swung"! He had an awesome time! Daddy even let him ride on the purple horse that has probably been there since I was a pup!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Posted by walkers at 12:33 PM
Monday, September 24, 2007
I love those moments where the feeling in your heart is what you know is just a glimpse of what you will feel with every breath in heaven. I was driving home from the grocery store like every other Monday and I looked in my rear view mirror and saw Keller holding a red balloon and smiling and giggling like he was at Disney World. His beautiful blond hair was standing straight up on his head from the static of the balloon and I could have just smiled and looked away or thought about all that I needed to do when I got home but instead I let myself be in that moment... I kept my eyes on him as long as I could without being dangerous while driving. And I thought- this is a perfect moment. This is the most beautiful moment my eyes have beheld up until this point in my life. I felt more love and emotion towards Keller than I ever had before. Heaven. Beholding a beauty and experiencing a love that grows with every moment that passes. Being so grateful for the gift of what is before you knowing that you do not deserve it. I am so thankful that God allows us those windows into what eternity will be...
Posted by walkers at 3:30 PM
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Thank you thank you to everyone who prayed for our baby dude to get well! I would say he is about 85% better. He still has a bit of a cough but other than that, he is back to his normal precious self.
Posted by walkers at 7:23 AM
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Please pray for my baby boy and for James and I because my baby dude has croup. It is not serious but uncomfortable and scary. Last night Keller woke up crying and coughing and James went it to check on him and he was having trouble breathing. We tried calming him down, gave him some cough medicine but he just couldn't seem to catch his breath. I decided to sleep in his room with him but on the floor next to his crib did not seem close enough. SO i made a palate on the floor and Keller and I had a croup camp out:) He slept some and I barely got a wink. It is a scary thing to watch your child have to work to breathe. We debated whether we should take him to the emergency room but because he didn't have a fever and because he was better after calming down we decided staying home was best- something else that is scary as a parent, you are solely responsible for these big decisions. As I laid there with my wheezing baby boy sleeping beside me, the Lord reminded me that HE is trustworthy and to once again give my son over to his care and rest. I realize how hard that is in the moment and that is what authentic faith is- giving my unbelieving and fearful heart to and unseen God to take care of me and the ones I love the most. He is gracious in my journey to trust Him. So today has been recoup from croup:) day at home and Keller is back to his usual jolly and curious self.
Posted by walkers at 11:55 AM
Monday, September 10, 2007
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Eight things about me...
1. I have to workout in the morning or it will not get done.
2. I am borderline addicted to the Gilmore Girls. I have watched the first 6 seasons but not the last and I watch reruns almost everyday on ABC family while I fold laundry and scrapbook.
3. I am a creature of habit ie- I like to eat at the same 3-4 restaraunts for date night, I like my days to look basically the same, I get a little bent out of shape when plans get rearranged, and I am very punctual, SO
4. I am learning to enjoy new things :)-more flexible, new dates, mixing it up during the day.. thank you all for your patience.
5. I do NOT like birds.
6. I love small dogs and my friends who have big ones (Robyn and Sara)
7. I really don't like to talk on the phone but have learned to LIKE it because most of my closest friends do not live in Waco.
8. I got free XM radio with our new car and my favorite station besides the 90's is Oprah and friends:)
I am tagging, Luci, Sara, Sarah, Vikki, Christina, Nicki, Sarah and Christina
Posted by walkers at 9:02 AM
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
We had an eventful labor day weekend. We began the first phases of updates/remodels to the house. We moved out of our master into the guestroom so we could make the master into an office/guestroom. James is going to start doing some video on the side so he needed the space that our master provided but I actually like the change! So we decided to finally update our guest bathroom which was in major need of TLC- pics of this will come soon along with promised downstairs bathroom re-do pictures as well. Also this month we are beginning the renovation of our kitchen. Needless to say we are becoming best buds with the fellas at Lowe's. In the midst of all the work we took a little day trip to Glenrose with my parents our very precious family Margaret and Eric and picnicked and swam at The Dinosaur park. If you live in Waco this is a really great place to visit for the day. It is a beautiful and quick drive and has great swimming and camping. So here are the pics from this excursion. One pic I will explain. Keller's is loving playing tug of war with Harely(our two year old Maltese) and he is also beginning to "share" his food. SO he offered me a bite of his pickle and then decided to try the tug of war game out on Mommy...a fantastic time was had by all.
Posted by walkers at 2:07 PM