Sunday, June 5, 2011

To be 18 again.

I mentioned in my last post that James' little 18 year old brother is living with us for the summer. I am totally outnumbered. Sam is a rare 18 year old. He is clean, thoughtful, amazing with my kids. I think one of the main reasons he is like this is because he has been homeschooled his entire life. My mother in law is a SAINT and has homeschooled 2 boys. They really are excpetional guys. Since he has been home all of his life, a jump to college seemd kind of big so we were a good transtion for him.
It is so interesting to me how at 18 your life is so shaped already. Most of us were shaped by our friends, pop cultrue even our youth group but being homeschooled your main influence are your parents. I hear Sam say things and instead of it sounding like a typical 18 year old boy it sounds like my MIL! I am not saying it is wrong or right it is just what it is.
I am excited to see him grow and become more independent this summer. Feeding him is a difrent story.

0 comments: