Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Better than Christmas.

Really with both babies I have been more excited on the eve of finding out, than a kid waiting for Christmas. I cannot sleep the night before, I go back and forth in my head wondering what it will be, hearing the ultrasound tech say " it's a girl" or " you are having another boy." This morning, I woke up at 645 partly due to the excitement and partly due to the time change. I sat out on my porch guzzling down the fluids so my bladder would be full enough to see my baby and I thought, I am so glad I do not pick the sex. That God who loves me and has had a beautiful plan beyond my wildest dreams has in motion a beautiful quiver for our family. So we went this morning and the guy pressed all around on my growing tummy- which makes it hard to really engage in the moment because I have to pee so bad and am hoping that I don not wet my pants-and showed us how the baby's kidneys were functioning, "it" was swallowing and moving "it's" appendages and then our biggest question was answered. I once again am growing another penis inside of me. We are having a SON! James and I both feel so excited and full at the thought of having two boys. Keller has been such a joy, more than I could have ever imagined and the fact that I get to have two is beyond what I could have hoped for. We have been praying for him since before he existed. A few things the Lord has already spoken to us about him is that he will be different than his older brother and we will parent each of our children with uniqueness. The Lord told James that he would be a man who sees past peoples walls and defenses and shines light to who people really are calling out the gold inside of others. The Lord told me that this person would be a man that would walk in freedom and bring hope to the world and would be a safe refuge for others. Also that our son would be a strong leader even though he may not be as outgoing or extroverted as his older brother he will lead others by his resolve and character. So it seem so fitting that we name him Graham Hudson. Graham means homestead or home and Hudson means brave ruler. We pray that will mark his life. We are overjoyed at the new blessing that we will soon hold in our arms in March!

11 comments:

Kensie said...

That's SO exciting! Congrats! Brandon and I think we want three boys.....we'll see how we do with the first one! Seriously, that's AWESOME!!

kelly said...

girl, did you really just type "i'm growing another penis"????!!! i'm so excited for you - what a joy to have a playmate for cutie keller! and you know i like that name :)

Swartz's Scribbles said...

Oh, I am so happy for you guys. Boys are great!!!! He is going to be one blessed little boy to have such amazing parents like you guys. Love you!

Kelly said...

YEAH! So excited for yall.....I love how yall have chosen his name so appropriately, and from the Lord. Your kiddos are so blessed, and I'm glad you'll have brothers close together to play! Talk to you soon.
Kel

Emily said...

That is really exciting! I am sure that Keller will LOVE having a brother!! Congratulations, this is one blessed baby boy to have you as parents.

Robyn said...

i was so happy to hear this from you today! the walker boys are going to be such a blessing to this world!!!

Keep Your Eyes on the Stars said...

Congratulations!! It was great to see you at the parade on Saturday!! Take care!

Jill said...

Yea- congratulations- i loove the name!!

Nicki W. said...

that is so so so fun!! your penis comment was hilarious! i love boys--how fun to get to be blessed with brothers!!

Kyle and Marci said...

Hi Adrianna! I found your blog through Nicki's...congrats on the news of another precious little boy!

Alison said...

I love the message that God is giving to you guys about the personality of this new little one. What blessed children to have such godly parents!