Friday, January 25, 2008

When it Rain's it definitely pours!

We have had quite an eventful week at the Walker household. Beginning with Monday, if you did not know, our sweet friends Pete and Vikki are staying with us, home on furlough and to have their first baby. Well her due date was Monday, and who actually has there baby on their due dates? Vikki. Yep. she woke up Monday morning, cool as a cucumber, walked into the kitchen, husband following close behind and announced that she would be having Olivia that day. And she did. That evening, she delivered a perfect baby girl. They are both such champs and we are so glad that Olivia is here. On to the more trying times of our week. Tuesday I woke up not feeling well and as the day progressed felt worse. By nightfall(always wanted to say that), I was running a high fever and feeling maybe the worse that I can remember ever feeling. Went to the doc on Weds, and found out that I had strep throat. OOOh... all I wanted to do was go home and take a dip in my tub....oh but the hot water heater broke. I am not a cussing woman, except when we lived in Sudan it was a real temptation, well I felt the temptation again. So we didn't want Vikki and Pete to bring there brand new offspring home to our strep infested house, so they packed up and moved over to my mom's. Well yesterday, Dad calls and says he thinks he got the strep and Keller is breaking out with all these weird sores all over his bod. So I pack him in the car, Pete and Viki are on their way back to my house to get away from Daddy who has strep, and the Baby Doc says that Keller has a very contagious "disease" called hand,foot and mouth disease- a virus where you get blisters all over these parts of your body. So we decided to keep all the sick people away from baby Olivia and WE moved over to my parents.PHEW! BUT I will say that James and I have both really kept our cool. He didn't loose it yesterday after almost 5 hours of installing a new hot water heater, $340 later and I didn't loose it with all the sicknesses, house moving etc.So once again assured there is grace to endure what you are going through-sometimes there is not really much extra though. So hopefully the flood has passed and we will be back to "normal" life soon..although, what is normal besides a setting on the dryer anyways?

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Praying for you..sorry you've had to go through all that, I will talk to you sometime after all this passes.
Love you,
Kel

Emily said...

holy toledo, what a week! i will definately pray for you guys. i am so excited for the kline clan, tell them congrats if you think of it.

Brent and Shan said...

dear friend~ i have been praying for you and felt the Lord leading me back to this same place...i hope it is encouragement to you.

colossians 1:9-12 "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father"

we love you and your boys. if we can be of help in any practical way, call me~you have the number!! :)

Kelly said...

Charlie got hand foot and mouth this past summer, the first 2 days were the worst and then he started feeling totally fine again. The good thing is that the Dr told us Ellie, who was only a few weeks old, would not get it, and that we probably would not either. You are all such great friends and I hope everyone gets to feeling better.

Sarah W said...

you guys are such great friends! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, and I'm certain a few naughty words would have come out of my mouth if my hot water heater broke :)

we'll pray that you all get better quickly and baby olivia stays healthy!

Nicki W. said...

oh the illnesses! i had the flu last week and it was so terrible! i hope you all are 100%!

Mama Jeannie said...

Adrianna, I peeked into your bloggy world through Em's blog and after reading this entry decided to pray for you. You and James are amazing in how you open your home and your hearts to serve your friends. What a blessing to host a newborn and her mommy and daddy! If they have to move again, tell them we have a guest room and a pretty cradle and a house that would be theirs all during the days while we're at work if they need it. :0) To give up your home Adrianna, move while you're all sick to a house with more sick people is above and beyond. I am asking today that God would pour out a blessing on you that will encourage, provide, and surprise you. I pray that this blessing would be so huge that it would spill out all over everywhere! Even in this hard place God has used you to bless me. Hopefully things are back to normal by now... and not just the dial on the dryer. So funny!