Monday, January 21, 2008

The Secret of Life

I was listening to the radio on my drive home from the gym this morning and heard a Faith Hill song about the secret of life. So I started thinking about that thought and there are some very obvious things about my life that make it so rich-
1.communion with the Living God- truly, what would I do without his adoration of me, his friendship,rescuing,redeeming,sanctifying,beautifying in my life?
2. a fulfilling marriage- I told someone the other day that being a mother is my calling and my passion and marriage is my gift. That I get to live side by side with such an extraordinary person who is my rock,friend and love and even when the kids are grown and gone will be that-is there a greater gift?
3.a beautiful son- my heart melts every morning when I go into his room to get him up for the day and there he is smiling and laughing with his hair disheveled and talking his own little language, never dulls, that melt in my heart.
But I do think there are little things that are secrets to a happy life too that I will now make a tag- If you read this you have to write the 10 little things in your life that are making you happy right now...
1. Duncan Donuts coffee- the yummiest, smoothest coffee can now be bought at Target. Seriously-has made my coffee drinking in the mornings better.
2.Having one of my bestest friends in the whole world move in next door to me.
3. Having another life long friend living in my house with her husband and baby in utero(hopefully not for much longer)
4. TCBY.
5.Kickboxing-thank you Nicki.
6. Gilmore Girls-tried and true.
7. My mom,dad,brother,mother in law, father in law and brother and sisters in law- that we have great relationship with all of them.
8. My life group.
9. Three pairs of shoes that I absolutely love.
10. fat free refried beans.

5 comments:

Jess said...

You know, one my favorite books growing up was 10,000 things to praise God for. It was a bit cheesy, but it was full of the little things in life that are worth being happy about. So here's mine in no particular order for today:
- a really good thick book
- sunshine in January
- red finches outside my window
- my camera
- my quirky husband
- listening to Roscoe by Midlake really loud
- cheap rent
- the smell of old books
- dinner parties, or rather, I successfully baked something that tasted good
- the thrill of finding something new - a new good movie, band or book

Happy MLK day!

kjds said...

I love your list! And I love pics of your son! I will be in Waco on Thursday - maybe I will see you at ACC on Sunday??

Brent and Shan said...

~my hubby
~my kids
~the new bible brent got me
~pens
~bath junkie lotion
~hazelnut cream candles
~fuzzy slippers
~matthew 13:44
~comfy chairs at books-a-million
~the bee movie

Nicki W. said...

you're welcome, friend.

Emily said...

Has Vicki had her baby yet? Are she and Pete the ones living with you?