Monday, September 27, 2010

I do love me some FALL!





I had my first moment yesterday. I woke up after a normal Sunday afternoon nap to a cool breeze in the air. I think I begin to think that it will never be cold again by the end of August. We will cooped up in the fake cold house until the Rapture. But then, days like yesterday oh and then MORNINGS like this one. My sweet little soul feels like it opens it's door to the cold fall breeze. Here is what I have loved in falls past-
The Obvious
Autumn Festival Yankee candle
Pumpkin Spice Latte's
Leaves turning
football weather
going outdoors and not sweating like a man
Baylor Homecoming
Holidays
Pumpkin Patch
Decorations
First Fires
Exercising outside
The Not so Obvious
Watching Gilmore Girls- it is a very fall experience for me
Knitting scarves
Biggest Loser
Eating soup (okay maybe that is obvious but I am pretty black and white about when I can eat soup)
Parades
Eating lots of apples
HOT Fair and Rodeo

This fall will bring new traditions-
Soccer! My sweet boy is playing soccer this fall. He and his best bud Jack are on the same team that ended up being a "camp" since there were not enough kids to put together more than one team:) but it has been precious. OH I LOVE MY BUDDY! He is so sweet and encouraging to the other players. After the first night he wanted to pray for one of the friends who was not having a good time participating. He is also quite the leader, as if I did not know- they were asked what their favorite animal was so they could decide on a team name and Keller yelled " SNAKES'. The coach asked if any other kids had a favorite animal probably secretly hoping that they would not be the Snakes but Keller persisted and therefore is apart of the only soccer team ever named after the serpent in the garden!
Although I have been to the HOT fair and rodeo just about every year of my life, we have only taken KW once and G bubs has never been. So we are officially starting the tradition as a family this year. So excited to see them love it has much as I did when I was a kid.

I am also excited

1 comments:

maryh said...

isn't this the most beautiful day? i am in love with the fall as well. i told brad one of the great things about lucy being born early is that i can enjoy the baylor parade and we can probably make it to the HOT rodeo too!