Friday, September 3, 2010

Firsts.


This first picture cracks me up, what good effort huh?

I kiss that face about 50 billion times a day.

" Yeah mom, I am staying late after school for football practice so fix me some steak and tell all the girls I will call them back never because you are the only woman in my life til' I'm thirty." "Okay honey, kiss kiss."

My big boy. His best effort at cheese always turns out like he is going potty.

Love of my life.

Oh my gorgeous boys- they melt me, what can I say? How could they not? We started preschool and Mother's Day Out yesterday. So here are the stats.
Big K- wonderful Mrs. Kilpatrick and Mrs. Dollar- well, I think they will have their hands full with this little tiger. They told me he did good but, there was a lot of redirecting because he "just wants to play". Then today they said, " he did good, he is just so busy." I think it is a good thing though. For him to have structure and be in a school environment. I will be interested to see how he does as the year goes on. He is such a smart cookie so I am just praying that he will LOVE it.
Bubba G- I was a little worried about how he would do. He is almost 18 months old and I have not left him in childcare for more than a few hours. My first clue that this would not be the case should have been the strutting he began doing the minute we walked in the door. He grabbed his lunchbox from me and started marching to his door basically knocking it down. No tears. No bye byes, off he went. When I picked him he was happy as a clam. So sweet. Should I have been sad? I was not really.
Me- LOVED.EVERY.MINUTE.TO.MYSELF. I needed it more than I knew. I got time alone, with friends, out and about in my swagger wagon with no babes in tow. Loved it.
Then today, Kdub went back to school for the morning and G bubs and I bopped around. Another nice component was getting alone time with my little guy. Also, our new ministry that I am helping head up will begin next Wednesday. I am so excited about it and feel so blessed to be apart of pioneering it. I love this time of year, it feels so exciting and fresh. Happy September.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy September, love!

Love the football practice comment. I may have to steal that one. ; )

Katie said...

One more thing...that blond hair! Precious.

Kelly said...

what ministry are you starting..details! i need to get your dish back to you..and maybe we can chat sometime both your boys are at school :) love you!