Thursday, March 19, 2009

One whole week.






Our little dude is one week old today. Wow how time flies. I know soon I will wake up and be writing his one year old tribute. Even though I am still pretty doped up on drugs and have very little sleep, I am trying to soak in every moment with Graham. As I write even, he is laying write next to me. I think I actually am more present in these first few days with him that I was with Keller.Keller was a hard labor and delivery and I struggled more emotionally at the beginning with him and I think because now I know how fast time flies, I am trying to love every moment with both of my princes. So the highs and lows of the week are as follows-
lows
Very little sleep
a very cluttered bedroom
major aches and pains
an infection in my God given bottles that has put me on antibiotics
a few sad moments that I have not been the primary care taker of Keller
HIGHS
the most beautiful and perfect son in my arms or by my side almost 24 hours a day
the fact that I am no longer pregnant and not having to pee every 2 minutes
yesterday morning, I was nursing Graham and Keller was watching Elmo's world(I know,the things you resort to) snuggled up next to me and it was one of the most full moments of my life.
seeing Keller be so precious with "baby Graham". Keller only says his name in a high pitch kind of baby voice.
success in nursing
a very clean, cleaner that it has probably ever been house, except my bedroom thanks to my wonderful mother in law who left yesterday. She was amazing, cleaned everything, brought me lunch in bed, took Keller out the park everyday.
James has had a great week back at work and is loving his new job.
and the list goes on..
my cup does overfloweth!
ps- I had to do a little "can you tell who is who" hint- Keller weighed 9 lbs and Graham weighed 6 1/2. pps- I gained 40 with Keller and 25 with Graham:)

11 comments:

Kelly said...

OH he is so cute! I love that first picture. So sorry about the infection...i'm guessing mastits. So usually they say keep nursing and don't stop. Hope it continues to work out for you. Love you and you have such precious boys!! Hope you get to up and moving around soon.
Kel

Alison said...

Congrats, mama! He looks so serene and sweet. And I had the worst problems breastfeeding--every kind of issue and infection that you can think of! I hope everything rights itself and everybody feels better. Hope sleep in larger quantities comes soon!

Robyn said...

He is beautiful! I am happy that you feel you are embracing each moment with both of the little loves. Way to go! You are right, each moment is precious. Love you!

Ken and Jill said...

Absolutely beautiful!! What a precious little family! Love you so much!

Katie said...

Sweet post! Your boys are precious and so are you!

You're a great mama! I'm so glad James is liking his new job!

Emily said...

What a great outlook you have during your first week of motherhood the second time around. I am sorry that you are battling an infection, that is terrible. I hope that it clears up quickly. He is one cute kid!! Congratulations again.

World changer? Me? Please. said...

YAY!!!! Hope your doing well!

I love you! Your awseome!
-autumn

Tiffany said...

Oh.My. He is truly precious. What fun to have a house full of boys now. You look great!

Andrea said...

OHHHHH Adrianna- Graham is beautiful! Perfect little features! I am so happy for all of you! You are an amazing mommy and Keller and Graham will love each other sooo much (most of the time ;) I love watching Hannah and Caleb interact. They truly LOVE each other. (most of the time ;)
Love to all of you, Andrea

wesleyandbeth said...

Graham is so handsome! and you are looking beautiful as well! So thrilled for your family!

Brian and Becca said...

He is so precious guy! Congrats! Hope you feel better soon and are starting get at least some sleep!