Sunday, March 15, 2009

Introducing...





Drum roll- Graham Hudson Walker arrived into the world at 7:49am March 12th. Weighing in at a whopping 6 lbs. and 5 oz. - yes two and a half pounds less than his older bro and measuring in at 19 inches. He is so beautiful and perfect in every way. We stayed in the hospital until Saturday morning and our home trying to adjust to life with a new being in our home. The Walkers and the Bells are helping us adjust and take care of our full-of-energy two year old. One funny story to leave you with-
so I got home from the hospital at 1230 yesterday afternoon and after nursing Graham and hugging Keller, took a hefty dose of Vicadin and napped for about two hours. Afterwards I was feeling so great I insisted that I needed my Dad to take me to the grocery store for a few things. Every one was kind of looking at me like I was crazy but I was sure I was okay. It was not until I was walking from one end of the store to the other and ran into a friend who had a what the heck are you doing here look on her face I realized that this was a bad decision. I am totally paying for it today. I can barely get out of bed. Those silly drugs make you feel like you are superwoman:) So back to bed for a few minutes before motherly duty calls and it is such a joy!

18 comments:

Nicki W. said...

you are crazy!!! hey, at least you did not sport the side pony tail this time! you look amazing! i can't wait to see this little blessing!

Sarah W said...

I love your crazy story!! Walking around the grocery store a couple days after major surgery!

Graham is so precious and tiny! You all look so happy with your new little bundle! He and Keller will be best buddies before you know it. Love you all!!

Kelly said...

So glad I got to see yall....ok, and not more grocery trips for awhile! You are funny...the power of drugs.
Love you,
Kel

Kensie said...

Congrats!!! He is SO precious and you have such a beautiful family!!!

kelly said...

what a beauty!! congrats :)

ps - it's so hard to "take it easy"! i was the same way!!

Kelly said...

What a beautiful little boy! We are so happy for you. I bet he seems so tiny, at 6 lbs. I love the family picture, you all are wonderful!

Robyn said...

Love all of it! Love you!!!

MichelleAriana said...

He is beautiful! Congrats on the new addition. Keller is going to be a fantastic big brother and I can't wait to hear about all the adventures that lie ahead.

-Michelle (Terrell) Pierce

ragamuffinbeauties said...

So excited for ya'll! Can't wait to meet the new love bug!

catherine said...

What a sweet little one! Glad you both are doing well.

Jeff and Sarah Bianchi said...

We are SO happy for you guys! What a sweetie he is! Love you, Jeff and Sarah

Jill said...

He is so beautiful! I love your fancy PJS and red nails! Sassy mama!

Jill said...

If you need a place for cheap preemie clothes: Burlington and Wal-Mart.

Emily said...

He is perfect! Congratulations little mama. You looked beautiful too in your cute blue PJs and your fancy red fingernails.
I cannot believe you thought you could walk around the grocery store or that you were able to convince your dad to take you. I hope we get to meet him one day soon.

Katie said...

Gotta love those meds!

What a sweet baby and new little family. Congrats!

The Ross' said...

Congrads to you and James! Been thinking about you! What a sweet little family you have....loving the fancy red nails too. :-) Bless you guys!!

Emily said...

oh my goodness, guys. he is just so beautiful. so thrilled for you guys!

xo

Emily Paben

Meg said...

he is beautiful and perfect! and TINY! praise God for a healthy baby and a healthy momma! now stay home and HEAL, crazy lady :)!! no seeing you at the Y for 8 wks, okay?! lots of love.