Wednesday, September 3, 2008

thankful.

I don't usually write "deep" thoughtful posts but my heart is so full this morning. I gave my life to Jesus when I was 9 or 10 years old, sad that I forget. I remember the date, March 27th. I was wearing and UT Longhorns sweatsuit-random, and was at First Baptist Woodway on a Sunday evening with friends. Sitting in the pew doodling probably and for some reason I listened for a brief second and heard the beautiful message that I am not sure I had heard up to that point. Some random Baptist preacher who is was doing a "revival" of sorts spoke of Jesus being the only way to God. I honestly do not remember what he said, but in my little girl heart I knew I needed to respond. It was my moment. The one that God knew all along. All my days before this had led up to this point. I marched down to the front with tears in my eyes and said to some lady that I wanted to give my life to Jesus. We went into a back room and she made sure I understood- as much as a 9/10 year old does, I did. Wow. Even now I feel the emotion. Salvation. God saved me then. He rescued me. He began a work in my life twenty years ago that is still happening at this moment. I am still amazed at this message. I am a wretch, messing it up most days, giving my heart to other loves, not serving my family, choosing to ignore the voice of God. So salvation probably means more to me today than it did then. I look back at my life and see what it could have been and stand speechless before an unbelievable love. I hope that you too have a fresh understanding of salvation today and rejoice with me.
Wanted to share this precious Youtube video.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh thanks so much for sharing that...I'm so glad that God saved you and you sad YES to his calling you. I'm not sure what I need to do to watch the video. i tried to copy and paste in the toolbar, but it didn't work.
Kel

Kelly said...

good video!
Kel

Alison said...

Hello my sweet old friend! How are you? It's so good to stumble on your blog and the first thing I read is about Jesus. Love it.