Monday, September 24, 2007

Heavenly moments...

I love those moments where the feeling in your heart is what you know is just a glimpse of what you will feel with every breath in heaven. I was driving home from the grocery store like every other Monday and I looked in my rear view mirror and saw Keller holding a red balloon and smiling and giggling like he was at Disney World. His beautiful blond hair was standing straight up on his head from the static of the balloon and I could have just smiled and looked away or thought about all that I needed to do when I got home but instead I let myself be in that moment... I kept my eyes on him as long as I could without being dangerous while driving. And I thought- this is a perfect moment. This is the most beautiful moment my eyes have beheld up until this point in my life. I felt more love and emotion towards Keller than I ever had before. Heaven. Beholding a beauty and experiencing a love that grows with every moment that passes. Being so grateful for the gift of what is before you knowing that you do not deserve it. I am so thankful that God allows us those windows into what eternity will be...

3 comments:

Emily said...

This is beautiful! I think that only a mom can understand what it means to see heaven in your child's eyes. Thank you for sharing.

ragamuffinbeauties said...

love this...you should print this and save it for little Keller, he will love it to. love you!

Nicki W. said...

this is such a sweet sentiment. i am glad you put words to your thoughts. i often have those sort of moments when i am in awe of how big love can be. lovely.