Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Croup

Please pray for my baby boy and for James and I because my baby dude has croup. It is not serious but uncomfortable and scary. Last night Keller woke up crying and coughing and James went it to check on him and he was having trouble breathing. We tried calming him down, gave him some cough medicine but he just couldn't seem to catch his breath. I decided to sleep in his room with him but on the floor next to his crib did not seem close enough. SO i made a palate on the floor and Keller and I had a croup camp out:) He slept some and I barely got a wink. It is a scary thing to watch your child have to work to breathe. We debated whether we should take him to the emergency room but because he didn't have a fever and because he was better after calming down we decided staying home was best- something else that is scary as a parent, you are solely responsible for these big decisions. As I laid there with my wheezing baby boy sleeping beside me, the Lord reminded me that HE is trustworthy and to once again give my son over to his care and rest. I realize how hard that is in the moment and that is what authentic faith is- giving my unbelieving and fearful heart to and unseen God to take care of me and the ones I love the most. He is gracious in my journey to trust Him. So today has been recoup from croup:) day at home and Keller is back to his usual jolly and curious self.

3 comments:

The Crenshaws said...

Lord, I pray for Keller!

Also, I completed your tag!

Hope to see you soon!

Britt and Christina Knighton said...

Hey! Just wanted you to know you're in our thoughts. I hope you get to catch up on your sleep and that Keller feels 100% better!

Brian and Becca said...

we're praying! how's he feeling now?