Wednesday, August 15, 2007

stay at home mommyhood...





I am so blessed to be able to stay home with Keller, I mean really. Daily I am so thankful that this is the season I am in. Some of my favorite things about our day is our trips to the grocery store and Target- its great catching up time for the two of us since we do not get that much:) But really I do love those times because he loves it- he smiles at everyone and just talks and wants to touch everything. Also I love playing and watching him crawl now-very entertaining. I also enjoy moments like these where I have put Keller down for a nap and I get to reflect on what a joy he is. Something else fun we get to do is every few weeks, some of my other mommy friends and I get together at someones home and do lunch with all of our little ones.(pic included) So all that to say, it is wonderful but it has its challenges too. I basically do about the same thing every day and at about the same time and while I am actually a creature of habit and love routine it can get a bit monotonous i.e.- Mondays, clean the kitchen, Tuesdays, do the laundry,Thursdays, sweep and mop .etc... and while I am glad that I am healthy to be able to do this and have a home that I love, it can get old. So to my other stay at home mommy friends, I think its good to encourage each other with what we love about this season and to the ones who want to be stay at mom's, there are advantages to it too. I think I am learning to love my season, no matter what and not wish it away because it will pass for all of us so I want to experience all that God has for me in it!

5 comments:

Brian and Becca said...

I am loving being a stay at home mommy and feel so blessed to be able to do it and so thankful for my husband and the hard work he puts in so that I can do it. The routine can definitely get old from time to time, but at the end of the day it's comforting. Comforting to know what's coming (at least for the most part). The days that it starts to get tiring or frustrating I remember in a few years all my babies will be in school and these days will be gone. That alone helps me to appreciate every day with my wonderful boys.

Jeff and Sarah Bianchi said...

hmmm...you make it sound so appealing! :) so glad to hear that you are thriving, friend!

Adrielle said...

Hey, Girl!!! I saw your blog link on Emily Kavalich's website, so I thought I would say hi! Aw, that's so cool you're loving time with Keller at home! It is the best, isn't it!!!! It was fun hanging out with you some during swim lessons this summer! Cute pics, by the way!! Hug your family from the Selke's!!!

Alexa said...

hey! i was just stopping by to say hi and i need to get your number sometime or something! ill be at antioch this sunday, i think im going to the 11:00 service. maybe i'll see you then?

Emily said...

I have to say that I also love being a stay at home mom, even on the really hard days I wouldn't trade them for the world. It seems like you and James are doing a fantastic job with Keller, I just wish that we could be around you guys.