Thursday, January 22, 2009

say it aint so...

so my sweet baby boy has decided that kisses from mommy are a no go-most of the time. I got him out of bed a few mornings ago and we were sitting in his chair talking about his dreams and about the day and I snuck in a little smooch and he pushed me away and said, " no mommy, don't kiss my mouth"with finger motions added. Uh. What? Not yet, wait until kindergarten at least to stop giving kisses to dear ol' mom. Luckily he let me have a few sugars at bedtime, I guess he had forgotten about the resolve he had made earlier. Some of the other cute things he is saying right now are, Holy Cow, Ah Man, That's Awesome, That'd be fun? and I Wuv you. This age is more fun than I could have ever imagined and still just like I said when he was an infant, its equally challenging as it is fun. We are constantly having the discipline the tantrums, screaming no at mommy, hitting a friend, and the most likely thing for Keller to be disciplined for is, " no that's MINE!" Things that might surprise you that belong to Keller are the television, the park, the stairs, the characters on his cartoons, and the dog. So we are lovingly helping him realize that those are shared items and even the things that do actually belong to him are a privilege and are meant to be shared. Lord help us. So glad he will have a sibling in a few short months to at least share mommy with, oh yeah did I mention that one?

4 comments:

Robyn said...

He is so cute! What an adorable personality. Love it!

Kelly said...

Oh girl....you just wait!! Just be glad that little Graham won't care or want to share for a long time! Sweet little Hannah is so passive sometimes and just gives in and caters to Caleb, if he wants her book, she just gives it to him. But sometimes, I'll hear them in the play room, yelling for toys..so so funny. We really are trying to teach sharing and it is OH SO HARD!! The joy of children.
Love you, hope to see you real soon : )
Kel

Jill said...

That is funny! He is a cutie pie!

World changer? Me? Please. said...

So cute.. I want to be as good of a blogger llike you one day..tehe... I love you and miss you!

-autumn