Friday, August 8, 2008

New shoes and a facelift.



every women needs both at some point in their lives but, not yet for this old girl-
I just wanted to post and brag on the new shoes we discovered. I know most of my cool trendy friends are reading this thinking, wow, you guys just figure it out, that was so march 2008, get with the program, but the older you get and as you become parents it becomes harder to stay up with the trends. Our friend Chris ( a trendy dad with two kids, totally breaks that mold I just explained), gave James a free pair of Toms. They are so cool looking, very comfortable and give back. For every pair you buy they donate a pair to a child in an underdeveloped country. So yesterday I was about to buy Keller some new shoes for the fall, Luci suggested that I see if they have Tom's in tot size- oh my gosh, isn't everything cuter when its small? Just about everything. So we bought Keller Cade his very own pair of Tom's. Now I am just trying to decide if they are too granola for me? They do have a punkin pair of white with red polka dot ones- so maybe. Please let me know what you think- me or not me.
Second thing is more of a plea, my poor little blog needs a face lift. I probably don't even have to say it. I just don't feel that it is expressing who we really are. So I need help. I am little overwhelmed at the thought of taking on this endeavor, so I need suggestions? I don't want to pay for anything, call me cheap but its just not what I want to spend my money on. So help me please!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I say go for the shoes! Maybe they will become you even if you don't like them so much at first?! Oh, and I have no good ideas about blogs...I totally know, I finally put a little music on mine, but I don't know how people make them look so cute. So no advice from me there, sorry. I hope you are doing good..need to talk to you soon!
Love you,
Kel

Bree said...

I use pyzam.com, all you have to do is copy their html, delete your old one and copy the new one. It "looks" complicated but it really is just copying and pasting. Another fun/free site is http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/.

You get to be as granola as you want, but I say go for it if you are helping kids get more shoes!

kelly said...

i say YES on the shoes. not sure what your style is these days, but i think tom's can be granola, punkish, & preppy. punky = the pink & black, or those tangerine stripes, & i've seen plaid ones that looked very jcrew for the preppy look. by the way, i TOTALLY understand the "becoming parents & falling off the fashion bandwagon" deal!
& i got a free blog facelift from pyzam.com - highly recommend, though you have to redo your blog list afterwards, so that's kind of a pain.
keep us updated on your tom's decision!

Dawn Greer Hall said...

I love Tom's shoes, I would have one in every color if I could afford them. And I do not consider myself the granola type. They are like the flip flop of the fall, however, can be worn any time!

Vik said...

Tom who???

Brian and Becca said...

i know you said you didn't want to pay, but there is a girl who goes to acc who makes really cute blog headers and she does them super cheap, like $20 i think and she is raising money for a mission trip so it's a good cause.

check out some others she did here:
http://nwarddesigns.blogspot.com/2008/04/sheffield-blog-header-fundraiser.html

her name is natalie.

p.s. i think the toms are awesome and if you can help someone in the process thats even better!

congrats on the new baby!!!