Thursday, July 16, 2009

New's.

Pictures to come very soon.
1. Haircut. I did it, I got my haircut by someone new, first time in over 10 years and I love it. Tyler at Salon Evidence did a fabulous yet on the pricier side job of a cut and I can even style it myself!
2. Vehicle. We did, made the plunge we are officially in the club of owning a minivan and I could not be more happy! I love it! It is a green 2001 Honda Odyssey that we bought from my in laws who take amazing care of their cars. It feels like I added another room to the house it is so big a spacious. The only thing that was stopping us was my pride but since I am on a journey to get rid of pride in my life, I am happier and have a lot more room- ha take that pride!
3.clothes. I was desperate for clothes that fit me in my in between body so mom and I went on a spree. Instead of being miserable and wearing clothes that either are too tight or too big, I needed to spend a little money to have clothes that fit where I am at today. Even though it is not my ideal place, part of loving myself is being okay with the journey to the goal and I need clothes to fit for the journey:)
4. Potty training. Day 2 of being confined to the house while setting the timer on the oven every 30 minutes is in full swing. I kind of decided to do it on a whim, very like me by the way, and got the boys up from a nap on Tuesday and made a trip to Toys R Us. We have been testing the waters with Keller asking him leading questions ,bribing him etc. and none of it has seemed to work. Shout out to my dear Margaret, who called me and told me to turn on Dr. Phil on Tuesday because he was doing a special on potty training in a day. So I watched 10 minutes of it and made up my mind, we were going to give it a try. I am not shooting to have Keller trained in a day, I don't think that sounds realistic for us, but I am using some of ol' Philly's tips like- 1. going and buying Keller his own potty that he picks out as well as his own big boy underwear- came home with Elmo underwear and an Elmo potty that is bilingual. 2. Throwing a party for him when he goes in the potty-more on this a few sentences down. 3. letting him call one of his favorite characters from a show he loves... So the report is as follows- all of the Elmo undies have been washed at least once due to accidents. Elmo, who I used to think was kind of cute, now is on my must destroy list because Keller is obsessed with hearing Elmo tell him how proud he is of Keller and how to go potty in English and Spanish about 100 times a day. All of the balloons that I blew up for the party have already been destroyed because my 2 year old BOY decided it was more fun to play "fight" with the balloons then go potty and would not even sit on it while their balloons were around.All of it worth it though because we have had 1 poppy and 3 tee-tee's in the potty! Which means we have also been on the phone with Pablo, Uni qua, Tyrone, Tasha and Thomas quite a bit the last 48 hours IE- James and in a bind my mom to report that we have tee teed or poo-pooed in the potty. We took him to McDonald's for happy meal and ice cream last night to celebrate( I know yuck for adults). So we will see, I am not pressuring either one of us just seeing how it goes.
5. Roll over. Last but not least, my 4 month old bundle is officially rolling over and it the most delightful baby on the block.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

All very exciting! So pumped to see the new haircut and that's so fun about your new clothes too! I think the mini-van is GREAT and proud of you for not being to proud to do it. Don't have any helpful comments on the potty training because we aren't there yet, but I will say that your telling of this experience was really funny and cute. And finally, yay for baby Graham and for rolling over! I remember when Carolina first did it and then had this look of surprise and shock and kind of like "whoa, what just happened?" and "well this is a new view". Love you!

Kelly said...

You go girl with the potty training!! I'm so not even going there with Caleb yet. Hannah was pretty easy, and was Keller's age. I waited until a little older just because I think she wasn't ready and I didn't really want to deal with it. But she did great. I think you're totally doing everything right. We basically had a pink potty and did the "potty dance" EVERY time, we just jumped up and down and got really excited every time she went. It worked wonderfully. I hear girls are easier but well I have nothing to compare to yet. Still with every child my 2 biggest obstacles are potty training and then getting them out of the crib into a "big bed". We moved Caleb into Hannahs room 2 nights ago, so he's slept there for 2 nights, and had done GREAT!! Nap time worked well the first 2 days, then today Hannah didn't want to sleep, so she's awake and he finally went to sleep once he was in there by himself. He just comes out when he wakes up. So praying that they'll get used to this for a full month before baby arrives! (sorry long post) and I totally want to see your hair tool. I'll try to send you pics of mine sometime!

Sarah W said...

Way to go with potty training! Can I call James and have him answer as a cartoon character? That would make my day :-)
I'm glad you love your mini-van. We had a mini-van rental in Oregon, and although I felt a little uncool, I couldn't deny how great all that space is.

maryh said...

what a great couple of weeks - new hair, new wardrobe, new car! so happy for you and can't wait to see your new style. and excited to hear about the progress with keller. i go back and forth about when to start with grant. i am thinking mid-sept but also would like this gigantic box of diapers that i just bought to be the last one!

Brian and Becca said...

1. i have been dying to get my hair done by tyler, i bet it's so cute!
2. i love my mini van too! i feel old but the space is SO worth it!
3. having clothes that fit when i was trying to loose baby wait always made me feel better and motivated me to loose wait faster!
4. how;s the potty training going? did dr. phil have some good tips?
5. that boy definitely is pretty stinkin' cute!

kelly said...

wow! it's been a long time since i've checked in with you!! can't wait to hear more on the potty training - give more good tips!!!
AND YAAAYYYY for you getting some clothes - i can totally relate with that - just needing to take the plunge & be happy & fine with the fact that IT'S TOTALLY NORMAL for your body to take quite awhile to get back to "normal" & why force yourself to feel like crap in your clothes until then??!!! (can ya tell this is a soapbox for me??!!! haha!)
hope you're doing well :)

Swartz's Scribbles said...

Way to go Keller!!